The Ackermans

The Ackermans

Friday, April 06, 2007


Adam Hughes


Adam is a senior nursing student at Anderson University. As part of his nursing requirements he is to spend some time in a foreign country researching and simply finding out first hand what it would be like to be a nurse in a country other then the United States. He was given my name by the director of the nursing department and after a few email things were worked out and he found himself in the strange country of Haiti.


Actually I was really impressed with this kid. Yes, he's a kid to me! He was positive about almost everything, didn't complain about my driving, loved the food, both Haitian and the rest that we ate in our home, and when there was nothing else to do he would ask if it was OK to take a hike on the hills around our home. Then when he got back he would tell me about how much fun the kids were that kept asking him "Give me fifty dollars?" He would just give them a lollipops and tell them in perfect Creole that he didn't speak Creole. He was lots of fun.


Lord, please send me more like this.


And so it goes.


John

No comments: